Thursday, 30 April 2015

How Did You Know You Were Ready To Get Married?

It was a usual night, me and Buds were laying down on bed. Talking about just anything then I started asking about marriage.

How did you know you were ready to get married, questions before getting married


I asked him this, "What are the reasons that made you decide to marry me?"

Buds didn't answer me immediately. He wanted to give it some thought. Sometimes it is difficult to get answers from hubby especially when he is playing Clash of Clans game. It was nice of him though to think about his answers first.

Did you ever ask your spouse the same question? or maybe for once in your married life thought about it?

Buds asked me this question instead "How Did You Know You Were Ready To Get Married?" I paused for a moment (thinking mode).

Let me share a few past snippets.
 Buds was 25 and I was 23 when we got married. To some these age are still young, most of my friends got married at age 27 on wards. A lot have asked me this question " Why are you getting married? Are you pregnant? Others have said these lines "you're still young, you can do a lot of things before getting married."

Nowadays, when a couple wants to get married, people would think that the girl is already pregnant. Is it because this is what most couple do? What do you think?

I did not immediately said YES to him when he proposed to me. Initially, I felt scared, I was hesitant. I want to think about it first before going into the next chapter of our lives. I know from the bottom of my heart that he is the one but I do not know if we are ready for it or am I ready for it.

Buds sounded so confident when he said these line "Let's get married". Yeah, I know it is not the famous line "Will you marry me". But that is okay. It doesn't matter to me.

Okay, to answer hubby's question "How Did You Know You Were Ready To Get Married?".

After some thought, the only realization was that I can do whatever I want to do when I am married.

There were a lot of things going on with me during that time. I had issues with my Mother. I am not saying that I got married to escape my current situation. But I know deep down that it is about time to stand on my own. To decide for myself and to think of my future. I just have to break free and just go get what I want and be with Buddy for the rest of my life.

I can see myself with Buds growing old together. I was ready to face the future together with him. There will be hard times, I know and I believe we can surpass it all. I know there will be a HUGE change in our lives but I wasn't scared anymore. I realized that I was READY. My instincts told me to just go on and bet your life.

TRUST is a big word. I trust Buddy and that plays a big part of my decision too. So, those are the things that made up my mind.

Our 9th wedding anniversary is just around the corner. We are happy and still in love with each other.

It's your turn. How Did You Know You Were Ready To Get Married? We'd love to read your story in the comments. You can also ask us anything about marriage. Feel free to ask them in the comments too.

Let's talk again guys. See you in our next post.



















No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...