1/2 kg chicken (any parts)
2 tbsp cooking oil
1 broth cube
2 tbsp soy sauce
1 tanglad (lemon grass)
2 cups malunggay (horseradish)
2 tbsp ginger
1 tbsp garlic
1 medium onion
1 1/2 cups sayote
2 1/2 cups water
1 tbsp spring onions
1. In a medium heat, heat pot. Add oil.
2. Saute garlic and onion.
3. Add ginger. saute for a minute
4. Add chicken. Saute until chicken turns light brown.
5. Add soy sauce. Mix and saute for another 2 mins. (if you want clear soup, you may skip this part)
6. Add lemon grass, water, and chicken cube,
7. Let it boil for 5 mins. Stir every 2 mins.
8. Add sayote. Let it boil for another 5 mins or until chicken is tender.
9. Turn off the heat. Add malunggay and spring onions.
10. Season it again to your liking. If its too salty for your taste, turn the heat back on and add more water gradually. Make sure you don't overcook the malunggay. This should be done in less than a minute.
11. Enjoy your chicken soup.
Watch the video to learn more.