Tortang Giniling is a comfort food for us Filipinos. It is a very simple dish and is commonly sold at karenderia (small eatery). The main ingredient is ground pork that is cooked first before adding eggs then fried once again. The tricky part of this dish is how to make it a perfect circle tortang giniling. If you want to know how I did mine, please watch my video.
TORTANG GINILINGGood for 3-4 persons
2 tbsp cooking oil for sauteeing, add 6 tbsp for frying
1 tbsp minced garlic
1 tbsp minced onion
1/4 kg ground pork
1 1/2 tsp magic sarap seasoning or your favorite seasoning
1. In medium heat, saute garlic first and then after a minute add minced onion.
2. once onion is translucent, add ground pork.
3. Cook until light brown about 5-10 mins.
4. Remove from pan. Transfer to a bowl. Let it cool for about 3-5 mins. You can definitely use a fan to cool it faster.
5. Add eggs, mix then season. Taste it if its according to your liking.
6. Using the same pan, add cooking oil for frying the mixture.
7. Add mixture and fry until bottom turns golden brown.
8. Remove oil and save it for later. Using a large round plate, put it on top of the pan and flip it quickly. The plate should be bigger than your pan.Watch my video how I did mine.
9. Put back the used oil, then slowly put back the tortang giniling.
10. Continue frying until bottom turns golden brown.
11. Repeat the same process. Remove oil from the pan. The less oil the easier to remove the tortang giniling. Put large round plate on top of the pan and flip as quick as you could. Watch the video if you are unsure how to do this.
12. Transfer to a clean plate by putting another clean round plate on top and flip. Serve and enjoy together with hot rice.
How to cook Tortang Giniling video below.