Sunday, 16 October 2016

The Sheikh Zayed Grand Mosque in Abu Dhabi

Hi Friends, today we are going to share our adventure at The Sheikh Zayed Grand Mosque in Abu Dhabi.


All I can say is that it was indeed grand and majestic. It was amazingly beautiful. There were lots of tourist. We went there around two in the afternoon when the sun was at its peak. Oh my goodness!

I would like to thank our generous and awesome hosts Ate Tata, Ate Idang and Kuya Gerard for everything that they have done to make our adventure in Dubai smooth sailing.

We proceeded to the basement to put on the Abaya and Shayla. It is a required clothing for the ladies. The men have the option to wear the white clothing. It was free of charge at that time. I am not sure if its still free up to now. When I returned the Abaya and Shayla, I realized that they washed it before letting others use it again.







This is the Water Mirror and Columns. When we passed this part, I felt the serenity of the place. Our daughter couldn't stop herself from touching the waters.



Look at these columns! It's beautiful!


It was my first time to wear the Abaya and Shayla and one thing I realized was that it actually protected myself from the heat of the sun. I didn't feel hot when I wore it.



Just look at that intricate design! Amazing!



Amazing marble floors!






There are 7 imported chandeliers decorated with swarovski crystals.






In every corner of the mosque have so much details. It was just wow!





The carpet was handcrafted by  1200-1300 carpet knotters and it took roughly 2 years to complete. 




This is the panoramic view. This is by far the best I can get.


I really like this photo of Buds and little girl. Father and daughter bonding time.




Here's the video for your enjoyment! Thank you so much for visiting today. IHope to see you in the next post :)





No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...