Pork with Carrots, Potatoes and Green Peas
2 tbsp cooking oil
1 tbsp minced garlic
1 small onion
1/2 kg sliced pork belly
1 cup carrots, diced
1 1/2 cup potatoes, diced
1/2 green peas (guisantes)
2tbsp red bell pepper, julienne cut
3 cups water
2 beef broth cubes
2 tbsp soy sauce (optional)
1 tbsp cornstarch
5 tbsp water
1. Saute garlic and onion.
2. Add pork. Cook until light brown. You may add soy sauce for added taste and color (optional).
3. Add carrots and cook for 2 mins.
4. Add water and let it boil.
5. Add potatoes.
6. Add beef broth cubes and simmer for 5 mins.
6. Add red bell pepper. cook for another 1 min.
7. Press some cooked potatoes (optional)
8. Add green peas, cook for another 2 mins
9. Add cornstarch mixture. Simmer for 1 min. Adjust taste.
10. Serve with hot rice.
Very easy and lovely dish. You can always add some small shrimps or sausage if you like. Try this for your little ones and let us know in the comments how it turned out.
If you like this recipe, you may want to Pin it or share it with friends. Talk to you again very soon! Bye for now.